Contributing new programs to Madagascar
This page is intended for developers maintaining Madagascar infrastructure and programs.
Please try to:
- Do | atomic commits
- Use svn commit -m "your message here" to let others know what changed
- If you plan to do large-scale substantive changes, use a repository branch
Backward compatibility features
If you introduce or notice a feature that is used solely for backwards compatibility with an old version of a dependency, please document it here, so that the feature can be eliminated when the Madagascar community stops supporting that version of that dependency.
Python 2.2 and older
- In framework/rsfdoc.py: Everything in the have_datetime_module=False branches
Python 2.3 and older
- In user/ivlad/ivlad.py: Everything in the have_subprocess=False branches
- The entire api/python/rsfbak.py (also needed on systems which do not have recent versions of numpy and SWIG)